Monday, September 8, 2008

Sweet and Spicy Chicken

I was a little hesitant to try this recipe just because the mixture of ingredients sounded...well, different. But, I am a sucker for things that go on top of rice, and this looked SO easy...I decided to try it. I buy the big container of taco seasoning at Costco, and it seems a little bit on the hot/spicy side. So, I reduced the taco seasoning to 2 Tbs, and will probably use about 1 1/2 Tbs next time just because I like things more on the mild side. I was done with this meal before the rice was done cooking, so I can honestly say that this dish and a green salad can be made in less than 20 minutes! I LOVE those kids of meals! I got this off of the blog/link on the right called "Taste the Joy". She has some fun looking recipes!


Sweet and Spicy Chicken

¾-1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 Tbs. Taco Seasoning
1 tsp. Oil
1 ¼ C Salsa
½ C-3/4 C Peach or Apricot Jam
Rice, cooked

Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch squares. Toss with taco seasoning. Spray a large frying pan with non-stick cooking spray and add 1 tsp oil. Brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat, then add salsa and jam. Cook until heated through. Serve hot over steamed rice.

No comments: