Monday, September 22, 2008

Better than WHAT Cake?



We usually call this "Skor Bar Cake" at our house, just to avoid the word "S-E-X". Anyway, this is a really yummy cake, and if you've never had it, you're seriously missing out. If you've never made it, you should. It's SO easy. I've had this made with a german chocolate cake mix before, but I just don't think it's as good as Devil's Food....mmm...I certainly know why the name of this cake contains the word "devil"...

1 Devils Food Cake Mix, plus ingredients to make it according to package directions.
1/2 Jar Caramel Ice Cream Topping (I'm partial to Mrs. Richardson's brand)
1/2 Jar Hot Fudge or Fudge Ice Cream Topping (again, Mrs. Richardson's)
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
8 oz Cool Whip
5 Skor Bars (Health Bars work too)

Mix and bake the cake mix according to package directions in a 9x13 pan. While cake is baking, mix together the toppings and milk until well blended. Once cake has baked and cooled, poke holes in it all over with a skewer or chop stick. (a knife works too) Pour all of the yummy topping mix over the cake and let it sit in the fridge for for 6-8 hours or overnight if you have time. It will soak up most of the toppings. Put the candy bars in the freezer for a while or overnight. This will make it a little easier to break the candy bars up without melting the chocolate on the candy bar.



Just before serving, put the candy bars in a zip lock bag and let out all of your frustrations! "Frost" the cake with the cool whip, and sprinkle with the candy bar pieces. Serve with your favorite ice cream! You can make this more fancy by using real whipped cream and adding a handful of chopped roasted almonds. YUM!

3 comments:

ElisaBell said...

I noticed that on the Betty Crocker German Chocolate cake mix box the cake is actually called "Better Than Almost Anything Cake." And the cake really is better than almost anything. Mmmm, now I'm craving some.

Aubri said...

My friend Erin e-mailed me and said that they call it "Better than Disneyland Cake" at their house. I laughed outloud! Elisabeth, thanks for looking at my recipe blog. You might be the only one. But, oh well, I'm having fun doing it anyway :)

ottspot said...

so I just saw the link to this blog on your facebook page...I think I need to make this cake...immediately. Yuummmmmmmm! And Bryce likes Skor bars so maybe he would even eat some of it!