Saturday, December 27, 2008

Easy Parmesan Rolls

I have family in town staying at my house, and that makes me want to do EASY meals. These rolls are about as easy as they get. They are incredible with a slow cooked beef stew or pot roast. In fact...I've served them with just about anything. The great thing about them is that I always have everything on hand to make them. I really like freshly grated Parmesan cheese on most things, but on these, I actually prefer the Kraft type Parmesan powdered cheese. SO easy. My brother will eat 3 or 4 of these right off the pan before I can even get them into a basket. They really are that good.

1 dozen frozen bread dough rolls, like Rhodes
1 cube butter, melted
1 C Parmesan cheese, powdered or freshly grated

Roll each frozen roll in butter, and then in cheese. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let raise 3-4 hours. Cook according to package directions. Serve hot!

2 comments:

Amanda Rino said...

I miss these! I used to make these several times a month when I lived in SLC! Rex freaking loves them. I wonder if I can find a recipe to make my own bread dough that is freezable and will rise like those.

Amanda Rino said...

Oh yea! I'm writing my second to last paper of my undergraduate career and taking time out to read your food blog. I forgot I was going to find a way to make these from scratch. I'm hungry and about to stay up all night with this essay!