Monday, December 22, 2008

Chile Eggs

My mother-in-law served these eggs on Christmas morning the year that my husband and I got married. I've been serving them for Christmas morning breakfast ever since. I haven't ever met anyone who doesn't LOVE them. They are super easy to put together, and you can even throw them together the night before and then pop them in the oven while you are opening some gifts the next morning. They are really good, and you can top them with whatever suits your fancy. Sometimes if I'm serving them to a small group, I half the recipe and cook it in a 8x8 square pan.













10 Eggs, beaten
½ C Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
1 Pt. Cottage Cheese
12-16 oz Shredded Medium Cheddar or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
½ C Melted Butter
2 (4 oz) cans diced Green Chiles


Mix all ingredients thoroughly, and pour into a buttered 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 45-50 min, or until set. Serve with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.













Seriously, if that doesn't say "Merry Christmas"...what does?

1 comment:

Amanda Rino said...

I love these eggs, and I totally call you every year to get the recipe. I'll just look them up on your blog from now on. I wonder if I will ever put together a recipe book for myself!