Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chocolate Waffles

I will forever be in debt to my fabulous mother-in-law, not only for raising such a wonderful son, but for giving me one of my favorite easy dessert recipes! Just to clarify...these are DESSERT, not breakfast. These Chocolate Waffles are SO good, and so versatile. We have topped them with so many things, including a smear of peanut butter and vanilla ice cream, bananas and ice cream, mint ice cream, just plain vanilla...they are good with so many things! The best thing is that they are made from ingredients that I always keep around the house. These are great to make if you're in a time crunch and don't have a half hour to bake a cake or a pan of brownies. All you have to do is make the batter, and then when you're ready to serve dessert, you just put some batter in your hot waffle iron and wahla...hot...yummy...dessert. Make 'em, you'll be so glad you did!!

½ C Butter, at room temperature
¾ C Sugar
2 Eggs
1 C Milk
1 ¼ C Flour
4-5 Heaping Tbs. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. Cinnamon

Preheat waffle iron. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cream the butter, sugar, and eggs with a mixer for 2-3 minutes or until well combined. Gradually add dry ingredients, alternating with the milk. Pour ¼ to 1/3 cup batter into hot waffle iron (depending on the size of your waffle iron). Cook chocolate waffle for slightly less time than a regular waffle. Chocolate waffles do not get crispy like regular waffles, so don’t over cook! Remove from iron and immediatly top with your favorite ice cream and toppings. Serves 6.

Oh my...look how that ice cream just melts on those hot waffles. Need I say more?

3 comments:

ottspot said...

I've made these lots of times since I got your recipe...and I'm seeing them again in my near future. Yum!

Tiffany said...

I just made those on Sunday night. I was craving them!! So delish! I haven't tried the peanut butter on them with the ice cream. Kami would love that one!

Valerie said...

I just found your blog and love these recipes. I'll be back to copy some more and hopefully try some soon.